Friday, May 22, 2009

Frick of the Day - How I hate the post office.

We are moving to a two bedroom apartment (finally!) the first week of June. So, I finally get on top of things and fill out the online request form to have our mail forwarded to the new place starting June 4. What does the post office do? Yep, you guessed it. They started forwarding our mail four days ago! We don't even get the keys to the new place until June 1. My husband called the post office this morning and here's how it went:

Hubby: We're moving, blah blah...haven't gotten mail...blah blah...could you have already forwarded it.

Post Office Guy: Yeah, that's probably what happened.

Hubby: What ya gonna do about it?

POG: We'll see if anything's saved back for you.

Hubby: And...?

POG: That's it...thanks for calling.

Gah! So, since I still hate paying stuff online and still pay most things by check (yes, I'm old fashioned when it comes to that stuff), I had to call UMR, then fax them my payment, call CU and pay them, and try to figure out what other important mail we might need before June 1. I have now figured out why the post office is losing money. It's not just because more people do business online...it's because they suck.

Frick!

No comments:

Post a Comment