Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF

I haven't been this happy to see a Friday in a while. This was my first week back to work after a ten week maternity leave (four weeks of bedrest and six weeks of recovering from pushing an eight pound human being out of my body). It's been a good week. I didn't mind coming back to work because the hubby is taking care of baby Nicholas during the day, and work is actually a mental rest. It takes a lot out of you to essentially have another life in your hands for hours at a time, so only having to focus on work is now a totally different kind of "work." However, I am still ready for the weekend and to be able to spend a full day with my little boy again.

Sunday we are travelling to Salem with him for the first time. Hopefully he will sleep the whole way there. It's only a three hour drive (usually two hours, but I'll probably drive as slow as a little old man this time), so the plan is for Nicholas to take a good three hour nap in the car and then be awake enough once we get there to entertain the family for a while. They are all really anxious to see him, and I can't wait to hear everyone say how perfect my little baby is. Is that bad? I mean, he is perfect!

Happy Friday to everyone! Ignore the gas prices and the crappy economy this weekend and go do something fun.

2 comments:

  1. Awe! HE IS SO CUTE! I can't wait to hold him and kiss his little face! Welcome back to work sweet friend, you were missed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bambi! I can't wait until you get to meet him!

    ReplyDelete